iRide Mon. 09 Sep. 2019

Raptor hunt

• My ride today was mostly routine. The temperatures are slowly falling as the change of season approaches. In the shade it was a cool at around 60°F (15.6°C) and the afternoon temperature failed to make it to 100°F (37.8°C) for the first time in many days.

Most noticeable was the color temperature of the early morning light and the long shadows at my first turnaround. A hawk retreated as I approached and we played the pole dancing game until I finally managed to take a photograph. This bird looked different from the red tailed hawks I usually see. Perhaps it was just the light, although it looked less rufus, which was not what I would expect. It was certainly much less tolerant of my presence, so perhaps it is a new arrival from an even more rural part of the country with less human activity.


WEATHER report:
*START* 07:19, Clear, 61°F, Feels like 61°F, Cloud: 0%, Humidity 25%, Dewpoint 25°F, Wind 5mph from ↙, 7mph, UV index 0. *END* 10:22, Clear, 71°F, Feels like 71°F, Cloud: 0%, Humidity 19%, Dewpoint 26°F, Wind 2mph from ↖, 6mph, UV index 4. *RIDE* feel 66°F, avg. temp. 66°F, avg. feel temp. 66°F.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WRJAWTA: Which Robert Johnson Are We Talking About?

FATB There is no rubber stamp for authenticity

iRide.2019.10.07