iRide.2019.10.07


WE'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY

• Since the demise of my Canon G11 (I miss ya baby; I'm so sorry I made all those niggling complaints about ya) I have been experimenting with carrying an old Canon A10 or an old Canon G2. I always have my iPhone 6S+ with me because that's how I record my rides on the Strava service. If only the iPhone didn't have such a wide-angle lens then I would probably not bother with a 'real' camera.

Today, I had the Canon A10 and the iPhone stowed in a frame bag on the bicycle. I had not intended to take any photos, but when I made a water stop I realized that it has been a long time since I took a photo of the Hurricane Fault mountain tops—known as Mollies Nipple, the Three Brothers, Whiteface, and the Wart—in the late afternoon sun. I went to dig out the Canon A10, but on an impulse I first took a photo at that same location using the iPhone.

The headline photo is Mollies Nipple. The upper photo in the collage of the string of tops was taken with the Canon A10 and the lower photo with the iPhone. I am sure you will be able to see that image technology and the associated hardware have, as it says in the 1978 song by Loretta Lynn, come a long way baby! It's high time for me to get myself sorted out photographically speaking.

“…to realize this thing of purpose, you must be a person of purpose."
~ Hanshi John E. Hughes, Isshin-ryu School of Karate Dec. 2015 newsletter.
Paraphrase of an old Zen story: http://isshin-ryu.com/2015/11/



RIDE stats are available on the Strava website (login required) at the link:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2771184861

WEATHER report:
*START* 14:27, Clear, 81°F, Feels like 81°F, Cloud: 0%, Humidity 6%, Dewpoint 8°F, Wind 4mph from ↗ (8mph gusts), UV index 6.
*END* 16:28, Clear, 84°F, Feels like 84°F, Cloud: 0%, Humidity 6%, Dewpoint 11°F, Wind 4mph from ↘ (8mph gusts), UV index 2.
*RIDE* feel 83°F, avg. temp. 83°F, avg. feel temp. 83°F.

Comments

RANGA MUNAWEERA said…
Awesome work and great insight my friend. RANGA from Sri Lanka.
Anonymous said…
Comment from anonymous friend.

Popular posts from this blog

FATB There is no rubber stamp for authenticity

WRJAWTA: Which Robert Johnson Are We Talking About?

Day out at the Because Animals Matter 'Dog Day Spectacular' event