iRide.2019.10.01


MELLOW YELLOW

• After a brief flirtation with exotic purples, the local flora returned to predominantly yellows this week. I tried to look more carefully at the 'weeds' that grow by the roadsides. That was when I espied a packaged ham burrito impaled on the top of a fence post. I realized I had seen it before, but not really looked closely.

I imagine the owner was bereft when (s)he discovered the loss. It is a shame the pig had to die needlessly. The roads are strewn with clues to human activity. I always wondered how archaeologists managed to find any evidence, but the handful of small-denomination coins and multiple items of kit that I have found have made me realize that humans leave traces everywhere they go.



WEATHER report:
*START* 09:59, Clear, 57°F, Feels like 57°F, Cloud: 0%, Humidity 18%, Dewpoint 14°F, Wind 5mph from ↙ (9mph gusts), UV index 2.
*END* 12:50, Clear, 68°F, Feels like 68°F, Cloud: 0%, Humidity 12%, Dewpoint 14°F, Wind 4mph from ↗ (10mph gusts), UV index 7.
*RIDE* feel 63°F, avg. temp. 63°F, avg. feel temp. 63°F.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATB There is no rubber stamp for authenticity

WRJAWTA: Which Robert Johnson Are We Talking About?

Day out at the Because Animals Matter 'Dog Day Spectacular' event