Here is your 1st Feb. reminder that it is still winter

D2707X

While I was taking these pictures, the sunshine would have been warm but there was a cold wind. Perhaps shirt and shorts worn with carpet slippers was not the optimal dress to which my former walking companion aspired on every occasion. He usually succeeded with remarkable poise, grace, and élan, which must have made the presence of a scruffian like me even harder to tolerate. I doubt if down in the valleys and on the benches hereabouts it ever really gets cold enough for his prized Aleutian fleece. Opportunities for wearing heavyweight, super-warm, polar-grade clothing may exist at over 10,000 feet of altitude high up on those snowclad, windswept ridges: however, in my sad state of ruinous neglect and disrepair it is highly unlikely that I will ever be able to investigate such a possibility. Oh well, I can still enjoy looking and reflecting on the heroic expeditions of another time and place. For those who enjoy naming nuts there are pecan trees in the pictures.

Aleutianist

D2712X

D2712X2

 

--------------------oOo--------------------

The blog author almost never checks emails or comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WRJAWTA: Which Robert Johnson Are We Talking About?

FATB There is no rubber stamp for authenticity

iRide.2019.10.07